Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Time-Traveler's Wife

I wanted to post my own review:

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I always enjoy movies and books when they become applicable to my own life--you may wonder HOW time-traveling becomes applicable when I write, NO, I do not have my own Delorian or genetic disease---but I think this books gives us added perspective. If you were able to travel back and forth what would you want to know? To go even deeper--what does this book tell us in respect to the past and what we cannot change, and the choices we make followed by the consequences. All this is very deep, but I thought it was an excellent book. I loved how she wrote from both perspectives. I just wish the movie would have been able to show Claire's perspective more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. There were lots of times I tried to imagine me time traveling. Like if I would just "let me be". Especially that part when he went back to a Christmas Eve and realized that he was out there somewhere getting drunk. He just let it happen knowing that he needed to let it happen. I felt the same way. Then other times he went to himself and comforted the younger Henry. There are times I would just let me be and times I would find me to tell me it will be ok, like the part right after Henry's mom dies. Anyway, great book, lots to think about. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete